Administrative Assistant Supervisor (Westchester, IL)
Location: 1127 S. Mannheim Rd, Suite 203
Westchester, IL 60154
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Human Resources Consulting Firm
Manages Others: Yes
Job Type: Administrative
Experience: 3+Years as an Administrative Supervisor or Equivalent
College Degree: B.A. or B.S.
I/O Solutions is a human resources consulting firm and national test publisher specializing in public safety, and is located just outside Chicago in suburban Westchester. We offer an excellent benefits package including premium health-care, dental, 401k (with employer contribution), bonuses, annual company outings, as well as other benefits. We strongly value our organizational culture as a fun, fast-paced and energetic work environment. While our office is relatively informal, our expectations are not. I/O Solutions is a small group of dedicated professionals, and we are looking to expand our team with individuals who share our work values. This is a great opportunity for a creative, motivated and enthusiastic individual who desires to work in a fast paced environment for a growing company.
I/O Solutions is looking for an Administrative Assistant Supervisor who is high-energy, has a positive attitude, thrives in a fast-paced environment and is team-oriented. The Administrative Assistant Supervisor position is a pivotal role within our organization and requires the successful candidate to possess impeccable organizational skills, strong managerial and problem-solving abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills and an outstanding attention to detail. The Administrative Assistant Supervisor is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations and administrative staff, creating and implementing procedures/policies to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency and coordination/acquisition of resources.
The AA Supervisor will oversee the daily activities of AAs to include workload management, training, coaching, counseling, professional development and adherence to I/O Solutions’ guidelines, policies and procedures. The ability to manage with equity and fairness and building an environment of mutual trust and support is required. AA Supervisors must have the ability to effectively interact and develop strong working relationships with AA's and other internal staff within I/O Solutions, which includes the ability to exercise discretion when dealing with privileged, personal or confidential topics. Building trust, respect and being an advisor is the key to developing effective relationships.
Relationship management is a critical component of this role. Building a collaborative AA Supervisor/AA relationship is important to understanding business needs and creating an environment of trust, a key driver to employee satisfaction. The AA Supervisor will engage AAs on a regular basis, outside of the performance management process, to discuss service levels and mitigate concerns. The AA Supervisor should be seen as a resource and main business advisor to the AAs on important matters. The AA Supervisor will work collaboratively with the Operations Manager to ensure AAs have access to appropriate administrative resources and to ensure service levels are achieved. Strong problem resolution skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing are required.
Other important management components of this role include cultivating strong AA performance through coaching and performance management, conducting performance discussions that foster trust and elevate performance, writing effective performance reviews, demonstrating poise and professionalism in facing resistance or challenges, adapting style to engage individuals at all levels of the organization and serving as a role model for AAs. The ability to define clear business objectives and desired outcomes to guide one’s own work and the work of others is required. Assigns challenging work, considering an individual's career goals and the needs of the business. Creating an environment that builds accountability for and commitment to meeting objectives and builds confidence and credibility with AAs is essential.
- Meets regularly with Operations Manager to build strong relationships to understand business needs, manage service delivery, mitigate issues, and offer solutions
- Proactively reaches out to staff regarding AA support assignments; assesses assignments regularly to align AA skills with business requirements; understands AAs workload and adapts as conditions change
- Drives AA performance management process including annual goal setting, performance evaluations, and year-end review processes; works collaboratively with Operations Manager on performance management issues
- Recruits and develops high performing talent; interviews, makes hiring recommendations and coordinates onboarding and training of new hires
- Understands AA issues by meeting regularly with staff to assess workload, service challenges, and provide continuous, ongoing performance feedback
- Understands and assesses AA skill levels to recommend appropriate training and professional development; counsels and motivates AA to capitalize on their strengths and improve development areas
- Meets regularly with AA staff to build a cohesive team by educating, sharing information and updates on initiatives
- Ability to work independently, excellent written and oral skills, strong problem-solver able to develop creative, innovative solutions to complex problems, and excellent organizational ability
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current
- Prepare operational reports and schedules
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Review and approve office supply acquisitions
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Manage customer inquiries and problems
- 3+ years as an Administrative Supervisor or Equivalent
- Four Year College Degree, B.A. or B.S.
- Computer literacy; including multiple applications and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Managerial experience of administrative personnel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated with willingness to take initiative and recommend action plans for how to get the work done
- Strong awareness of deadlines and good time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong detail orientation
Interested applicants should send a one-page cover letter, resume and either salary expectations or salary history to email@example.com. The subject line of the email must read Administrative Assistant Supervisor Position. If the subject line is not input as directed the application will not be processed.
I/O Solutions values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our web site at www.iosolutions.org.
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.