I/O Solutions is a human resources consulting firm, assessment practice and national test publisher located approximately 10 miles outside the Chicago city limits in western suburbs of Chicago. I/O Solutions’ products and services can be categorized into three distinct areas: 1) development, marketing and sale of off-the-shelf examinations/assessment tools, 2) development of custom public-sector entry-level and promotional assessment tools, and 3) third-party recruiting, application processing, test administration and secondary screening assistance for small cities. Functions one and two are provided under the name I/O Solutions, while function three is provided as a service of I/O Solutions under the name Public Safety Recruitment (PSR). Our consulting division specializes in the development, validation and implementation of selection systems for clients in the public sector (particularly police, fire and other public safety agencies). We work with the largest municipalities in the U.S. to develop, validate and implement entry-level written examinations, structured interviews, promotional job-knowledge examinations, SJTs, assessment centers, performance evaluation systems and similar tools.
Compensation for the position is based on experience, education, knowledge and skill set. We offer an excellent benefit package to include premium health-care, dental, 401k (with employer contribution), bonuses, cell-phone reimbursement, annual company outings, as well as other benefits. We offer flexible work arrangements after a specified period of employment. We pride ourselves on our ingenuity, attention to detail in working with clients, responsiveness to client needs and our reputation in the realm of public-safety testing. While our culture is relatively informal, our expectations are not. I/O Solutions is a small group of dedicated professionals, and we are looking to expand our consulting team with individuals who share our work values!
Position Description-Assessment Consultant
The Assessment Consultant position is responsible for a variety of duties including serving as a consultant for test development and organization development projects, and conducting research and development work related to nationally-published examinations/instruments. This position will require immediate immersion into a consulting/project management role and thus previous experience in client-facing selection and/or assessment role (internal or external) is desired. As members of a small firm, our consultants are expected to perform in multiple capacities and flexibility is paramount. Consultants can expect 25-30% out-of-state travel.
If interested in this position, please carefully review the duties, knowledge, experience and skill/ability requirements to determine if this is a good fit for you!_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
• Independently and simultaneously manage multiple test development and validation projects
• Serve in a multi-faceted role (contract manager, client relationship manager, project manager, consultant, project delivery role, etc.)—provide excellent customer service to meet and maintain all client needs
• Schedule projects and coordinate administrative details regarding projects to include assessor selection/arrangements, site procurement, role-player selection/training, assessment center scheduling, etc.
• Conduct job analysis to include interviews, observations, JAQ development/analysis and job-analysis documentation
• Create and conduct live candidate orientation sessions
• Develop written exams, oral interviews and assessment centers in accordance with company protocols, client demands and industry guidelines
• Develop assessment center/structured interview training and conduct training with large groups of assessors
• Administer examinations and assessment centers; maintain test security and integrity
• Analyze psychometric properties of tests and assessments; conduct data analysis on job analysis questionnaires, etc.
• Write technical documentation sufficient for legal inquires and in accordance with the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures
• Assist other consultants with projects; travel as necessary to aid in the administration of assessment centers
Knowledge & Experience Requirements
• Thorough understanding of statistics and psychometrics; Working knowledge and practical experience with SPSS
• Knowledge of human resources management and related systems
Critical Skills and Abilities
• Strong consulting skill set (interpersonal skill, oral communication, assertiveness, sales orientation, professionalism, proficient knowledge in product area, etc.)
• Excellent interpersonal skills—Ability to fit seamlessly with co-workers and to project a strong/positive client orientation
• Professional presence and demeanor; strong customer service orientation is essential
• Strong oral communication skills and client presentation skills (you will regularly present to groups ranging from 5 to 500)
• Strong project management skill set (organization skills, planning, self-motivation, responsiveness to clients, etc.)
• Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously—often with conflicting timelines, etc.
• Strong written communication skills needed to develop technical documentation, assessment exercises, supporting assessment documents, etc.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work quickly/efficiently on tasks, while maintaining a meticulous and uncompromising attention to detail
• Willingness to seek information within the business, actively engage in your training (seek out information during training), and consistently build on your knowledge base without prompt
• Highly motivated and able to function autonomously after six months; willing to “do more than required” to allow I/O Solutions to gain a competitive advantage in our industry
• High level of responsibility and willingness to take responsibility for assigned projects
• Strong group/team orientation
• Willingness to conduct a multitude of tasks including complex assignments and necessary administrative functions; Flexibility is required in working in a small consulting environment and one must have an ability to get their “hands dirty” in performing tasks at all levels!
• “Thick-skinned”—Remain professional, yet assertive as challenges arise from vocal/involved candidate population; knowledge or experience in working in a union environment is helpful
This is a new position posted October 9th, 2012. Interested applicants should send a one-page cover letter, resume and either salary expectations or salary history to email@example.com. The subject line of the email must read Assessment Consultant Position. If the subject line is not input as directed the application will not be processed.
I/O Solutions values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Industrial/Organizational Solutions, Inc.
1127 S. Mannheim Rd. Ste 203
Westchester, IL 60154
www.iosolutions.org and www.publicsafetyrecruitment.com